Stamping Shortcuts

A lot goes into stamping.  It’s much more difficult than all the konad enthusiasts, nail polish bloggers, and tv commercials let on.  I have much more respect for stampers now. For real.

I couldn’t keep the stamping straight (I tried so hard!) haha…so I had to add some tiny dots to try to distract… lol.  I hope it worked.

OPI – “Tutti Fruiti Tonga”
Konad plate -  m15 (white special polish)
white acrylic paint dots w/super small dotting tool

IMG_3740

IMG_3741  IMG_3742

I think this is the most delicate design so far.

Now for the shortcut!

I realized that I would be using WAY too many paper towels, cotton squares and ENERGY at this pace.  So, I came up with the idea to use an acetone soaked sponge to clean the stamper, scraper and plates…as I stamped.

The apex of this idea came from the Butterfly!  She suggested I use a soapdish as the container to hold the sponge!!!!!!  This child is a genius.  GENIUS!! It’s the perfect shape and the shallow depth accommodates easy swipes of the plates and holder.  No paper towel or cotton square waste! And when not in use, I can cover the top.  SOLUTION!

Easy Cleanup for Nail Stamping

IMG_3736
Advertisements

19 comments on “Stamping Shortcuts

1. Amanda (Mae) says:

that really is a good idea. i just keep a soaked cotton ball handy to wipe off the stamp and stamping plate. i have a basket i hold my polishes in so i just set it in there in between stamps. that is a really good idea though might have to try it out 🙂

• Amanda (Mae) says:

PS no one for sure tells you that stamping is a B… Everytime I do it, I fail at least a few times.

• NO ONE SAYS A WORD!!! They just take their pretty stamped pictures and keep skipping to their next stamping adventure. LOL.
        I definitely think “regular” nail art is easier! haha

• I was tired of all the cotton “lint” too, so I liked this better. My only concern was the acetone evaporating… so I will check tonight and see if having a cover kept it from evaporating. lol

2. am1ec says:

O WoW u just made my world a lot easier!!! Off to get a soap dish 🙂 TY 4 sharing!!
    Great idea

3. Cynthia says:

This looks so pretty and delicate. I like the combination and the dots keep it interesting. Stamping is just about the only nail art thing that I can actually do well. lol I just soak a lint free cotton bad and wipe my stamper on it after every stamp. Then I use another cotton ball to wipe off my plate between stamps as well. I only use those two for my whole stamping process, but I really like soap dish idea too!

4. rujomama says:

Ahhhh yup that is genius!!! Heading to the dollar store!

5. […] but honestly, I am still working on getting my technique down. I did use a great >>> idea <<< by Polish2Times – the sponge in a soap dish. I didn't have an extra sponge […]

6. stacey says:

Being a slob and getting polish all over the place, this is am amazing idea. Glad I found this on Pinterest.

7. Johanna says:

Did you know that you can use a lint roller to clean the stamper. It’s better, it keeps the stamper sticky. Try it

8. jeanette says:

Does anyone know about cheap polish that work for stamping

9. Patty says:

I found that the acetone made my latex stamper gummy and in need of replacement quickly. Does non-acetone remover work also?

10. Shantel says:

Thanks for the tips. I’m new to stamping I just got my first stamper and plates. Wish me luck😉

comments...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s